Wednesday, January 28, 2009

ICE ICE BABY...

So North Texas has been hit with ICE...apparently there are known to be a number of hail storms and bad ice storms. Roads have been shut down, schools closed, businesses delayed....I have yet to venture on the road; but Morgan has been out and around and doesn't understand what the big deal is. I'm thinking people just don't have the experience with COLD weather and panic when it shows up. Hence the number of wrecks..... Last year when it snowed, Morgan and I laughed a lot. It was March and snowing in Texas. Texans will drive like madmen in the sheets of rain, but snow...they clam up.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
We've been aggressively using all our free firewood and scrapwood in the fire...and I'm convinced that Beckton is a PYRO!
Photobucket
Jocelyn has been home from school the last to days and this provided Morgan and I the opportunity to accomplish somethings while Beckton was entertained. We increased our attic storage! I assumed this would be a HUGE undertaking, but Morgan found snatched some free maple, Ash and oak slabs off Craigslist and we used those as the flooring and spent a good part of the day laying and securing them! I am very happy to be able to organize the stuff in the attic and get all the luggage, seasonal and baby things out of Becktons closet and off my floor!




And we found hidden treasures; solar screen for our windows (huge asset) and a neat chess set in a fancy box!
Photobucket Photobucket
I sorted through gift wrap, b-day presents, maternity clothes and have started on the baby totes. I also painted Jocelyn toy box and two wall shelves and began sanding and painting a bookshelf for Becktons room (free off Craigslist)!




Jocelyn even cleaned her room and has put together a dozen puzzles!
Photobucket
YAY for bad weather!!

2 comments:

The Nelsen Family: said...

Wow, looks like you've been really productive! I wish I'd gotten some stuff done while cooped up inside. It has been TOO cold, I hate it. :)

J and M said...

I second the WOW! Way to go productive lady............and what a score on the free finds, more space, and all of that business.